Monday, December 28, 2009

I need advice for snake training. I'm afraid of my snake, and I need to get used to it biting me, any advise?

It's a 2 foot long kingsnake (I know not the ideal beginners training tool). It's very aggressive, and I have NO problems GETTING it to bite me, I just need some advice on HOW I get used to it biting me.





Is this one of those things where I just need to step up and be a man, and just DO IT?!?!





BE HONEST!I need advice for snake training. I'm afraid of my snake, and I need to get used to it biting me, any advise?
Many baby snakes bite. Their instincts tell them that when something picks them up, they are going to be eaten, so they do whatever they can to try and prevent this. I breed kingsnakes and the babies almost always bite. They have to learn that you're not a threat. This is done by gentle handling. Handle them for short periods of time a few times a week and eventually they will stop biting.I need advice for snake training. I'm afraid of my snake, and I need to get used to it biting me, any advise?
Um, why are you trying to train a snake to bite? Kings are biters to begin with. Regular handling can tame them down. If you don't like getting bitten, you can wear smooth leather gloves. This helps hide your heat signature and it will protect you from the bite. Snakes are not trainable per se except for conditioned responses. They don't have a brain large enough to understand trained responses.
well i have a 2ft baby diamond python that bit me because he was a bit stressed when i picked him up. now i get him out with a chop stick and put him on mu hand and he hasnt bitten me since(tho he did bite my mum cuz she dropped the mouse we were trying to feed it in its head) so try using something that u can use every time you get him out, (and dont wash it so he gets used to ur smell) once hes on ur hand he shouldn't bite. works for me anyways.





good luck!!!!
Number 1 wash your hands before handling the snake. This will get any PREY scent off your hands. When you try to pick the snake up be sure to rub it's side so that you do not startle it. It will take some time but the snake will get used to you. As for the person that said don't feed it, please ignore them they do not know what they are talking about. I have rescued large reptiles for many years, and if you will do this it will get better.
It's afraid you. I think so. Well my cat was doing same :D. Just do some activities with it and it will wont be so aggressive.
i;m pretty sure that if you put something in your cage that smells like you it will get used to you%26amp; bite less. if you hold it more it will get more friendly.
reality check PIKA. snakes wont attack anything that does not have body heat! I dont think it biting at you is something healthy. He/She seems to be dominant over you because you dont put an end to it. When it bites you, leave it unfed for a while, then come back later with food, if it bites you again dont feed it. After third time or fourth it will stop biting you and surely, it will have respect for you since you feed it. It wont be afraid anymore.
I have a Ball Python, and I was told that you are NOT supposed to feed it in it's cage. If you do, Everytime you open the lid to take it out, it will think you are food, and strike. When it's feeding time for mine, I have a separate cage that I put her in before I give her her mice. That way, every time I open her cage, she doesn't know if it's dinner time, or play time! My Bayja has never bitten me, so it works for me!
  • makeup counter
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment