Monday, December 21, 2009

What is the difference between the two-----ADVICE AND ADVISE?

GIVE EXAMPLE TO SUPPORT YOUR ANSWERWhat is the difference between the two-----ADVICE AND ADVISE?
Advice is information or knowledge someone gives you.





To Advise is the actual act of giving information, knowledge or guidance.





';Julie gave Greg some great advice about buying a new house.';








';Greg hired Julie to advise him on buying some property.';What is the difference between the two-----ADVICE AND ADVISE?
Advice is a noun. You give someone advice.








Advise is a verb. You advise someone to do something.
to Advise is to give advice.





Ex: I need advice on what to ware


Ex: Let me advise you of the situation.
advice is a noun, advise is a verb
Advice is what you give someone when you advise them.





No matter how much my parents tried to advise me, I would not take their advice.
(1) Advice is a plural noun and it is meant that saying what should be done.


a) Roy went to the bank manager for advice on how to pay his debts.


b) They would not listen to his advice.


c) my grandfather gave me a very useful piece of advice.





(2) Advise is a verb and it is meant that to suggest what should be done.


a) He advised her to put all her money into a deposit account


b) She advised me to go out.


c) My class teacher often advises us to work hard.
Advise is verb whereas advice is noun.
Advice is knowledge offered to somebody. ';I gave him advice to not try to fly.';





Advise is the act of giving advice. ';I advised him not to try to fly.';
Advice you don't have to take.


Advise means it carries possible consequences.
Advice is a noun....as in...My advice to you is to buy a dictionary.





Advise is a verb...as in....I advise you to buy a dictionary.
Advice / opinion given as to what to do, counsel. In my opinion we should all make the right chouses in our younger lives,so when we get older we woun,t have to depend to much on others to help us out in alot of ways.


Advise / to notify inform. I'm going to notify your parents that you skiped school today.
advise is a verb and advice is a noun
Advise is for you to give advice to someone else as in i will give u advise in a game so you re advising someone and advice is given you or you give to somebody.
a

No comments:

Post a Comment