Monday, December 21, 2009

University advice- how to achieve and work towards a specific goal-please advise!?

Hi. Basically, I'm about to begin my second year of uni. Last year although I did well, all I needed was an average of less than 50% to pass. This however didn't stop me from putting 100% effort into my work consistently. I am very motivated to do whatever it takes to average 70% or higher in each of my modules this year to help me on my way to getting a first. The only problem is, how do I go about achieving this? I got marks in the seventies last year however these marks were not consistent.





I want to create a step by step plan so that I can break down my bigger goal and ambition of achieving a first class degree, into much smaller, frequent manageable goals. How can I go about doing this? I know that I can do this and I plan to ask my lecturers for advice too once I'm back at university. I was just wondering if there was any advice people on here could give in the meantime please? Which steps would you follow to achieve this goal.





I would be grateful of any help anyone can offer. Sensible answers only please though. Thank you:)University advice- how to achieve and work towards a specific goal-please advise!?
The more time you spend with your specific class subjects, the better your level of understanding. It is all dependent on you.





Here is an example - you are taking intro to geology. Obviously you read the chapters in the textbook and spend some time with the rocks. Also go to the closest road cut and spend hours describing what the geology is of that one area. Read some geology books on your own - 'Coming Into the Country'; is my favorite. Learn cool things about rocks. This process for every class makes you a much better student and gets the most out of your uni education.

No comments:

Post a Comment