Monday, December 21, 2009

What is the diferrence between advice and advise?

advice is the correct spellingWhat is the diferrence between advice and advise?
Advice is the derrivative noun coming from the verb advise!What is the diferrence between advice and advise?
advise:to offer an opinion or suggestion as worth following


its a verb








advice:Opinion about what could or should be done about a situation or problem; counsel


its a noun
Advise is a verb while Advice is anoun.
Advice is a noun only, spelt with a -c-: I followed the doctor's advice; advise is a verb only, spelt with an -s-: She advised me to seek a doctor's advice.
';advice'; is the noun, and ';advise'; is the verb


For example


The advice that Shyam gave Vidya was useless.





Please don't give Achala bad advice.





I don't need any advice from you, Naresh








The teacher advised the students to take the day off.





Kannan advised me to go to Mumbai and meet the client.





Didn't I advise you not to see her?
Advise is the verb.


Advice is the noun.





I've been advised not to take your advice
do your own homework
Advise is a verb. You advise someone about a situation.





Advice is a noun. You give them advice.
Similar to practice(noun) and practise(verb).
I would advise you to seek the advice of a lawyer if your wife says she wants a divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment